This is the initial web content for your project. Please customize
this to fit your project. You don't need to answer all these questions
or follow this exact format, but we do like to see this kind of
information in any project.
Your project is visible to all users now, so "putting on a good face" by fixing up this page might be your first priority.
- This index.html will be used if and only if you have the "Use
Project Home Page" option checked on the "Administer Project" page
(click the "Admin" tab).
- To edit this file, check out your project via Subversion and edit trunk/www/index.html.
- You can 'svn add' and commit other files under the project's "www"
directory and they will published to your project web site.
- Also, consider starting a thread in the "dev" mailing list to get
these discussion started. A good one is an "introduction" thread where
people post messages about themselves and their interest in the
- You can add a "Highlights:" line to the top of all web pages by adding a file www/project_highlights.html
What is the goal of this project?
What is the scope of this project?
- Develop just enough functionality to scratch a particular itch
- Build a tool just like XYZ, but less broken
- Build the best XYZ-tool ever!
What are high-level features you are sure to build?
- What would you write on a billboard about your project? Users
might only look for a few seconds.
- Use the issue tracker to track features and enhancement
requests. It is not just for bugs, pre-populate it with feature
descriptions so that potential contributors know what you would like them
to work on.
What are the high-level assumptions or ground rules for the project?
- we will use programming language X on operating system Y for now.
- We will, or will not, consider certain functional areas like
internationalization, high security, concurrency, etc. The list of
functional areas will depend on what you are trying to do.
- Try to keep this part short.
- Link to other stuff that you know about. It will help you
research requirements and provide a useful resource to potential
- Why reinvent the wheel? What is better about this wheel? Is there
any existing project that you can partner with or reuse?
- Where would you go to try to find potential contibutors?